Sunday, November 27, 2005

I Updated The Blogroll

I had just transferred the blogroll over from Bolo Boffin sight unseen. And it had been a year or so since I checked those links. So of course blogtopia (y!sctp!) has rolled on, in many various and unexpected ways.

The first thing I saw was the loss of several good blogs. Kuhwaver no longer chronicles, and idols of the marketplace is a domain up for sale. Hell, even the Quaker in a Basement threw up a Canadian calling card ad.

A second thing: what the hell was I thinking about some of these links? To wit: early on in my blogging life as Bolo, I ran across an interesting site. It looks very well put together, and it supported Israel. Well, I support Israel. I also support the Palestians, and I think that some way of getting along with each other can be found, even if it means locking up the extremists on both sides of the issue. So I linked to the site.

It was Little Green Footballs.

All I know is, I must have surfed by on their tamest day ever.

Now today I'm going through and I'm finding - well, not so egregious an error as LGF, but some dandies. War bloggers that openly deride the Democratic Party, mostly. I don't know why I ever linked to them. Maybe somebody got my password.

Also: sorting errors. Some of these blogs are hard to catagorize, especially in the areas I'm blogging. Mine would be mostly political, so that's where I'd expect to be. But I had Margeret Cho in Memetics, when she's clearly a political blogger. The same with Juan Cole, who was in Religion. Religion? Juan Cole? Gad, my brain...

Also, many blogs had shuffled around, much like me. ShiaPundit is now City of Brass, and the religious content is much more pronounced there, so it's in Religion. The Meme Machine is now titled Debate Unlimited. ReDefeatBush.org is now Left.org. The Hamster is now blogging for Al Franken. And the Republic of T has traded up for nicer looking digs.

And then the new additions: the straight-to-the-top-of-the-charts firedoglake, the inclusive TPMCafe, and Media Matters. Maybe Bill O'Reilly will put me on his enemies list. God knows I could use the publicity.

So anyway, the blogroll is current - all the links go somewhere that resembles what you think you'd find. Enjoy, and tell them the Inner Cog sent you...

PS: While clicking around, I discovered a new word. It's a religious one, about scholars and grad students blogging about the Christian scriptures. It's biblioblogging (y!wtfctp?). Ah, well...

No comments: