Tuesday, November 15, 2005

The Last Port of Call

I've been working on a cruise ship now for about five months. It's been really great, and an eyeopening experience, and all that, but I have come to my final port of call - Puerta Vallarta, Mexico. I won't be able to get online until Saturday (maybe Friday, but that will have to be a quick moment in the airport). The cost of going online is prohibitively expensive - I have to pay ten dollars for every megabyte of information transferred...yikes! What a racket!

PV is nice. It's where I spent my birthday this year. My favorite city in Mexico was Loreto, however. A nice quiet beautiful sleepy little town. Plenty of outdoor activities, and no finer place for lying in a hammock, drinking tequila, and scratching your belly could be imagined. I would love to be able to split my year between Haines, AK and Loreto. Maybe one day...

Who knows what the future holds in store? Perhaps I shall come this way again. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for being on the World Cruise offered by Crystal in January. I am an Egypt nut and two different stops in Egypt are planned. Plus Sydney, New Zealand, Easter Island, Capetown (I've been promised a hellacious party if I ever get to Capetown), the Mediteranean, and London. Wow, oh, wow.

If not, a move will be in store for me. By hook or by crook, I've got to bid Nashville adios. Too much life out there to find...

No comments: